3D PDF export, faster data read, reduced memory usage and many more improvements
Just a little less than a year has passed by since our release of FieldView 15 and I am happy to announce that our new version, FieldView 16, is ready for download. While software users sometimes feel like installing a new version is not going to impact them much, I am confident that every single FieldView user will benefit from this release.
You will find that FieldView 16 is faster to read your data than previous versions and will also use less memory. Data read can easily be made even faster and more memory efficient by selecting the right Data Input option. When you don't need to perform Dataset Sampling or to compute a lot of streamlines, select "Less" Grid Processing for faster data input. In cases when you do need that kind of performance, select "More" right from the Data Input panel and you will use more memory to get better performance during you session.
FieldView 16 is the first CFD post-processor to introduce a built-in 3D PDF export. This standard format is a great way to present and share your results, allowing interactive exploration via rotation, zooming, panning and commenting in Adobe Acrobat Reader and in 3D PDF viewer apps.
Other highlights of this release include:
- New Vertices and Shaded Vertices display types for better insight and fast performance
- The ability to sweep surfaces coming from an XDB extract and to synchronize this operation between multiple datasets for easy animations and side-by-side comparison
- More control over the location of Surface Flows
- A new Growing display type for pathlines animation
- 10x faster read times for AcuSolve users, compared to FieldView 15
- The ability to read single-file transient data as steady-state
- Support for results from FLOW-3D v11
We're also introducing the second version of XDBview. Our free, sharable viewer for XDB extracts, now includes the same sweep capability as FieldView 16 and can now read your CAD geometries in STL format.
FieldView 16 is a major release. You will need to request new passwords from Intelligent Light. FieldView 16 passwords will work for both version 15 and 16, but as of this release FieldView version 14 and earlier are no longer supported. If you need to test FieldView 16 with your data or workflows before upgrading, feel free to request additional temporary passwords and we'll be happy to provide them free of charge.Please contact our FieldView Support Team or your account manager for more information.