New Surface Flows seeding option, improved readers, growing pathlines and many more improvements
Surface Flows obtained with the new “From File” seeding option
The FieldView Development Team has been working hard on great new capabilities for FieldView 16, coming this fall. We’re halfway through our yearly release cycle: the perfect time to step back and package all the new capabilities and improvements already available so you can benefit from them now.
Our recently adopted Agile development method allows us to deliver this patch release quickly so we can spend more time working on FieldView 16. Only some of the files in your FieldView 15 installation will be updated in the process. Our next full installation package will come with FieldView 16, which will be a new major release of the type our users are more familiar with.
Highlights of this patch release are:
- More control over the location of Surface Flow lines with the new “From File” seeding option.
- 4x faster read times for the AcuSolve Direct Reader.
- Parallel post-processing and support for FLOW-3D v11 with the FLOW-3D Direct Reader.
- Animate the full path followed by your particles over time, even in moving grids, with the new “Growing” display type for particles.
- Save time on particle animation by reading a single time step and animating only your particles with the new “Read as Steady State” option for single-file transient results.
- Increased maximum parallel partitions count.
- Changing grid counts in PLOT3D Function files during transient sweep.
- A more verbose mode for debugging corrupted arbitrary polyhedra from your solver export.
- And over 20 additional fixes and improvements…
Check out the full details in the What's New in FieldView Patch Release 15.1 document.
The FieldView patch release 15.1 is an upgrade to your FieldView 15 installation. It will run with your current FieldView 15 passwords. It is available for download from the FieldView Customer Center.